Monday, August 2, 2021

Week 11

 Week 11

I had a gentleman buy some arugula on Saturday and tell me he was using it to make a salad like the one he had in Lucca, Italy 20 years ago.  It has arugula, pine nuts, shaved parmesan and a balsamic vinaigrette.  He was excited to find our arugula as the baby arugula in the store just isn't the same.  I think that is something most of us do, at least I know I do it.  Rarely do I take a vacation without coming home and trying to recreate a dish.  It isn't just about the dish, it is also a way to remember a great trip.  Sometimes the recipes stick around (spam musubi, chicken pho) and I make them at least a couple times a year.  Other times they only get attempted once.  

If you get a purple cauliflower, please flip it over and admire the underside of it.  Maybe it is just me, but I love the stem ringed and purple and the pretty little leaves edged in purple. 

Have a great week. 

Arugula

Cauliflower or Green Beans - This week Wednesday will get Cauli and Thursday will get green beans.  Next week it will be the reverse

Cherry Tomatoes

Cucumber - traditional slicing style

Small Head Lettuce

Basil 

Garlic - Large Only


No comments:

Post a Comment