Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 15

It has been a crazy week.  I dropped Kelly off at the airport on Tuesday and he flew to Tennessee to help my dad, who purchased a house just down the road from us in June, move out here.  Fortunately, my dad had hired a moving company so Kelly just helped with a few odds and ends and they headed out on Thursday.  They split the driving and arrived last night.  I enjoyed the challenge of keeping up with everything on the farm but am so thankful to have Kelly back for harvest this morning.  I am also incredibly thankful that the man who has no interest in leaving the farm to do anything offered to drive my dad half way across the country.  While Kelly was gone we saw some cold nights and the push to get all the winter squash out of the fields has begun.  Your box is showing signs of the changing seasons.  Next week we will fully embrace fall and include winter squash.  This week there will be some on the trade table for those of you looking to get started early.

Purple Diakon Radish - New for us this year and it is gorgeous.
Green Chard - I had hoped to harvest and assortment of greens today and let you choose one but I think they would all just wilt the minute we put them on the stand if the weather forecast is correct.  Instead, I chose my current favorite.  It is chard that tastes like spinach when cooked!
Kohlrabi - We haven't grown kohlrabi in a couple years and it is nice to see its whimsical looking bulbs in the field this year.
Cabbage 
Parsley
Sweet Onion
Zucchini - Along with the cherry tomatoes the last hurrah of summer.
Cherry Tomatoes
Purple Carrots - Large Only
Cauliflower - Large Only 

No comments:

Post a Comment