Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 15

Last week someone called to see what we had available for wholesale.  I mentioned rutabagas.  He is very particular and he wanted to know how sweet they were.  We try to eat everything before we sell it as a form of quality control but there was zero chance I was interested in eating a rutabaga last week.  Despite the fact that we were hauling winter squash it felt a bit too much like summer.  Well, after looking at the 10 day weather this morning I think I have some rutabagas and a fire in the wood stove in my near future.

The large metal building at our house is filled with winter squash on pallets and dry beans hanging from the rafters.  It is so colorful that it makes me smile whenever I walk in.  We are going to start winter squash a little earlier than usual this year because it is ready to eat and the weather seems to have turned.  The variety of acorn we grow is honey bear and it is nice and sweet.

Lettuce
Acorn Squash 
Broccoli
Colored Peppers
Cucumber
Sweet Onion
Dinosaur Kale aka Lacinato Kale - Small Only
Yokatta Na aka Vitamin Green - Large Only - similar to bok choy
Edemame - Large Only


No comments:

Post a Comment