Monday, September 7, 2020

Week 16

 Week 16

We had another busy weekend at market.  It is one of the most gratifying times of year to set up the stand.  There is so much variety and great color.  This weekend was our first big display of sweet peppers.  Sweet peppers are one of my favorite things to grow and eat.  There are always lots of peppers that aren't nice enough to sell which means we inevitably have a pile of them on our counter for all of September.  I discovered a new sweet pepper spread, muhammara, when I was randomly searching the internet and I am really into it.  I need to get some pomegranate molasses so I can make it properly.   Another great red pepper spread is ajvar.  That one also has eggplant in it.  

Hope you enjoy the food and the beautiful weather in store this week.  

Cherry Tomatoes

Zucchini

Sweet Peppers

Cauliflower

Kale - Out of new planting - looks great, very tender, summer flavor.

Green Beans - for all large shares and small shares that didn't get them last week. 

Eggplant - small shares only- May have to finish getting everyone next week.

Red Cabbage - large shares only



No comments:

Post a Comment