Monday, September 28, 2020

 Week 19

We cooked our first squash the other night.  When we pulled the acorns out of the field I brought one in to try it and it has been patiently waiting on my counter.  Acorn is not usually my first choice, but we are growing a new variety this year and I wanted to see what it was like.  I sliced it into half inch slices and roasted it, a cooking technique I favor for delicatas.  It was excellent.   We had it in a burrito with roasted poblanos, rice, beans and some grilled pork.  I think squash is a great combo with roasted or grilled poblanos and I also love it with kale.  

This is your second to last week.  Next week we should have a radish medley (watermelon and/or daikon) and celery along with some other great stuff.  

Carrots

Lacinato Kale

Delicata Squash

Poblano Peppers

Small Lettuce 

Napa Cabbage

Cauliflower - Large Only



No comments:

Post a Comment