Monday, June 29, 2020

Main Season Week 6

Hope everyone has a great week.

Snap Peas - I always try to make one snap pea dish a year where the peas are the star.  I never pass the planing without picking a few to snack on but rarely do we sit down to a dish made with them.  Last year I made a dish with burrata and the mild cheese with the peas was delicious.  I think that is why I was attracted to this salad when I saw it.  I used queso fresco.  I also think it would be good with grilled snap peas.
Carrots
Kale or Arugula - TBD
Turnips
Cucumber - I don't know where I got the motivation on Friday night, but I made homemade dumpling dough that I filled with a veggie (broccoli, cabbage, carrots and chard) filling.  We also had this cucumber salad.  I just used regular slicing cukes like the ones in the boxes this week and I thought they worked well.
Broccoli - Small Only
Salad - Large Only
Potatoes - Large Only

No comments:

Post a Comment