Monday, June 15, 2020

Main Season Week 4

Sorry, this is going out a bit late.  I did the Sunday market at Olympia yesterday and it really threw my schedule off.  I am hoping we can find someone else to do it and I can return to my Sunday routine.  We typically do an afternoon farm walk on Sundays to make a list for the week and to make a list of available produce for you all but we squeezed it in this afternoon instead. 

Head Lettuce
Carrots
Snap Peas
Daikon Radish  
Cucumber
Garlic - Spanish Red - This garlic is wet!  You can use it right away, but what you don't use should just be left in the open air on your counter.  The flavor is a little milder than when it is fully cured and dried down.
Collards - You may not care if you get collards in your box but for me I have failed you if you don't get the spring trifecta of bunched greens - chard, kale and collards in the first part of the CSA.  You can cut the center rib out, roll them up tight and slice them thinly and give them just a quick cook in a hot pan with a bit of oil and garlic. 
Salad - Large Only

No comments:

Post a Comment