Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 14

I hope you all have a swimming hole, a BBQ and a long weekend to enjoy this run of hot weather.

Wax Beans
Eggplant - Assorted - If you have a preference on the slender Asian variety versus the larger Italian style let me know when you get your box.
Herb Choice - Basil, Thai Basil, Parsley or Rosemary - may not have full selection for the entire pick-up.
Broccoli
Garlic
Arugula
Tomato
Cucumber
Lettuce - Large Only
Mixed Bell Peppers - Large Only  These will be peppers that are in between their immature purple phase and their mature red state.

I don't eat a lot of eggplant which is sad because I love it, but good because I have a mild allergic reaction to it.  A customer mentioned that she makes a stir fried eggplant and Thai basil recipe with chiles and a little fish sauce and it sounded good to me and I have been thinking about making it for my once a year eggplant dinner.  I love a similar dish that I make with chicken.  I was just planning on winging it, but if the combo sounds good to you and you don't want to wing it, here is a recipe with good reviews.  In general if you want to do some sort of stir fry I would recommend the long slender eggplant.  The rounder Italian style eggplant is great for roasting, grilling and making big round slices.

Eggplant Stir Fry


No comments:

Post a Comment