Monday, June 17, 2024

Week 2

We hope you all enjoyed your first box.  

We have been doing salad Fridays on the farm.  I started making a salad on Fridays in the spring when we had early greens.  Those first March greens are one of my favorite memories from the first year I started working on a farm.  I let it fall by the wayside after a few salads, but a couple people on the crew were game to keep it going.  Last week Clare made a coleslaw and it reminded me how good simple things can be.  All it  had was cabbage, carrots and a mayo based dressing and it was delicious.  The cabbage really is at its prime right now.  Fall cabbage is great, but spring cabbage is so tender and juicy.  

Garlic Scapes

Carrots

Cabbage

Collards

Snap Peas

Turnips

Broccoli - Large Only

Lettuce - Large Only

No comments:

Post a Comment