Sunday, June 9, 2024

Week 1

 I am sure you all eat well year round, but hopefully you are about to feel like you are eating even better!  I am pretty stoked with the first box.  

We have a great core crew, but things were starting to get a little wild looking around here as we struggled to balance harvest with weeding.  We have three new people starting this week and I think we should be able to get everything into shape.  

If any of the produce you get is bad/damaged, I encourage you to reach out and let me know.  We try very hard to keep our quality high, but things slip by us on occasion.  

Feel free to send me recipes you made.  I really enjoy hearing about the food you make with your produce.

Thank you for supporting local agriculture. 

Purple Sprouting Broccoli 

Carrots 

Baby Lettuce Mix

Scallions

Herb 

Lacinato Kale

Frisee - Large Only Maybe it is a good week for a salade Lyonnaise.  There aren't too many salads that I feel like satisfy me enough to call a meal but this one does.  This is the first time we have grown frisee in the spring.  The one we ate was less bitter than I typically think of it being.  

Radish - Large Only




No comments:

Post a Comment