Sunday, June 18, 2023

Week 3

We have had a bit of drama the last couple weeks with our well pump going down.  We have a new to us pump in there now that seems to be working, hopefully for the remainder of the season.  We were thankful for the cool weather this past week as it was down from Monday evening until Friday morning.  Kelly skipped the UDistrict market yesterday and helped get us back on schedule.  Other than that things are looking good around here.  

This is our one planting of scallions.  I am looking forward to some scallion pancakes this week.  I am happy to have cabbage again too.  Next week you should have carrots again.  I have been loving those as well.  I have been on a homemade ranch/green goddess inspired dressing kick lately with garlic scapes and a ton of herbs.  We had veggies, grilled bread and dip one night last week.  It wasn't what I had intended to make but sometimes the days just slip away from me this time of year!  It gets dark so late.

Happy eating and happy summer!

Head Lettuce

Scallions

Beets - I suspect these will be on the smaller side with some nice greens on them as well.  

Snap Peas

Cabbage

Kohlrabi

Mizuna or Red Mustard Bunch - Large Only

Cucumber - Large Only

No comments:

Post a Comment