Monday, September 6, 2021

Week 16

 Last Sunday we hauled some irrigation pipe that we bought from a farm in Littlerock to our new place in Rochester.  On Thursday we picked up the last of the pipe and  pulled up some carpet as well.  I am starting to feel pretty excited about our move in the fall.  We have a lot to do farm wise to be ready to start seeding in January.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of our season winding down though and I am looking forward to thinking more about our new set up and starting that process.  In truth, we should probably already be doing it but it is hard to find the time.  

We had BLTs, corn and homemade onion strings Saturday night because summer isn't summer if I don't fry something at least once.  Did anyone else notice it was unusually warm?  I had thought I might make a second round of cantaloupe ice cream (pureed melon, sugar and half and half) because the first batch I made earlier in the week was a little sweet but so good.  I lost my momentum/motivation and I just settled for a couple slices of melon which was still a great way to finish off our summery meal.  Melon season is so brief on our farm but with just one variety still picking it is also a relief not to have to squeeze the extra harvest into our normal schedule.  


Lettuce

Radishes 

Persian Cucumber

Tomato 

Yellow Onion

Herb Choice

Eggplant - Large Only

Mizuna - Large Only - tender enough to eat raw in salad but also can be briefly cooked



No comments:

Post a Comment