Sunday, July 23, 2017

Week 8

When the farm is weedy it is a lot like having a messy house for me.  As long as we aren't loosing crops to weed pressure and the weeds aren't going to seed it doesn't really matter, just like the pile of clothes next to the bed doesn't really matter.   However, the messy garden and the messy house both make me feel unorganized and a little anxious.  This weekend Kelly is freeing up some brain space for me!  He mowed and disked a bunch of fields that we were done harvesting out of and were just filled with waist high pig weed and lambs quarters.  It just feels better.  It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I feel like I can think better when things are tidy.

Which brings me to your boxes last week.  We forgot the cucumber in all of Wednesday's small share boxes so you will have a cucumber this week.  My apologies.

We did some other good stuff for our brains this week.  We went to Portland for a wedding Friday afternoon.  We spent about as much time in the car as at the ceremony but it was relaxing, fun and oddly I was in bed a little earlier on Friday night than on a usual work day.

Anyway, we should be pretty sharp this week!  No mistakes.  Feel free to insert a snarky overconfidence quote here!  Ha.

I have been meaning to mention that f there is something you want that you don't see on the table you should always feel free to ask. Typically greens and herbs just turn to mush so quickly in the afternoon I don't bother putting them out.  However, we often have some in the walk-in.

Carrots
Potatoes - Anushka, yellow skin and yellow flesh.
Zucchini/Summer Squash
Garlic
Bunched Onions - either a sweet red Italian torpedo onion or some smaller pearl size onions.
Garlic - Inchelium Red, a soft neck variety re-discovered on the Colville Reservation in Inchelium Washington.
Arugula - maybe
Snow Peas - last peas of the season
Salad Mix - Large Only
Japanese Cucumber - Large Only

Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment