Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 17

Last night I flew home from a three day trip to Colorado for a wedding.  You know you are at a wedding in a ski town when all the toasts not only toast the couple's future but also mention powder days.  It was great to see some old friends and to walk under the gold leafed aspen trees.  I cried at least three times at the beauty of the mountains this time of year.  Perhaps it is because I lived in that valley during such a carefree time in my life (and that of my friends) or perhaps it is because I discovered so many new things while living there (hiking, skiing, the joy of rivers) or perhaps I was completely exhausted and just so thankful for a little rest!  Regardless, it is a beautiful part of the world and I am so thankful I had the chance to visit.  Next week Kelly will get his chance for a quick trip out of town.  He is going to Omaha for his brother's 40th birthday.  I am pretty sure I got the better deal in terms of destination but I am keeping that to myself.  The ability to take those trips are a sign that our season is winding down.  We even had a little frost on the ground at our house.  The farm is usually a few degrees warmer on a cold morning so we probably did not have had one there.

After this week those of you who did not skip will have two more boxes and those of you who did skip a week will have three more boxes.  If you didn't skip but wish to go an extra week you can always pay for an additional box.

Carrots
Green Beans - hopefully
Kale
Acorn Squash
Onion
Cabbage 
Salad Mix - Large Only
Head Lettuce - Small Only


No comments:

Post a Comment